Students and athletes are among the most frequent abusers of Stimulants while attempting to boost performance. They equally catch fun with it.
Your sensitivity and mental performance is hyped because of the effects of excitants inside the core of the human brain. Stimulants may be prescription drugs or the prohibited substances like Cocaine. These drugs may be taken orally, snorted or injected.
Look for help now if you are an addict to Stimulants. Always remember that you have friends to help you on your road to recovery, seek help now call 0800 772 3971.
Prescription Stimulants Brands And Names
Obesity, narcolepsy, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, are some of the disorders in which Stimulants are used to treat them. Amphetamines and methylphenidates are the popular Stimulants. Nevertheless, amphetamines (such as Adderall) and methylphenidates (such as Ritalin) have some molecular differences which has a similar consequence when abused. Depending on the patient's circumstance, the doctor prescribes either amphetamines and methylphenidates.
Below are popular prescribed Stimulants brands
- Adderall - Adderall was approved in 1960 and is presently the most famous ADHD treatment drug and the most commonly prescribed amphetamine in the United States.
- Dexedrine is applied for ADHD treatment, it was legalized in 1976 in the market by the US.
- These drugs are popularly used by the US.
- The Air force in order to keep the pilots alert and awake longer during World War II until the Gulf War.
- Ritalin was authorized for treatment in hyperactiveness that was seen in little children in 1955.
- This drug is a Methylphenidate which is why it differs from Adderall and Dexedrine.
- Amphetamines and Methylphenidates have dissimilar molecular composition, although both have similar Stimulants consequences.
- Concerta - a new drug used for ADHD since 2000.
- It possesses a different energy and time of effect but it's a methylphenidate like Ritalin.
- Desoxyn - This is a methamphetamine that is available by prescription.
- This drug was the first used to treat obesity and has been around since 1947.
- ADHD are also among the disorders it treats.
- Ephedrine - this drug has an effect that's much like the other Stimulants although it's usually prescribed as a bronchodilator for asthma patients and to suppress appetite.
- This drug was accessible over the counter and has become an ingredient to illicit meth laboratory.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Effects Of Abusing Stimulants
Classified as Schedule II drugs, these are highly regulated due to their potency for addiction while being used as treatment drugs. Prescription Stimulants are abused by nearly 900,000 Americans every month.
The effects of Stimulants include
- Declination or lack of appetite
- Predisposition to talk more than the usual
The common reason in abusing prescribed Stimulants is to achieve enhanced performance. This is why Stimulants are so used by athletes and students, to stand out.
An excess of dopamine, the pleasure-inducing chemical in the brain is produced by Stimulants. The brain can no longer make normal amounts of dopamine on its own, after persistent use of Stimulants. The addiction will come thanks to the need of producing dopamine and feel its effect.
Stimulants That Are Illegal
Crystal meth, crack and Cocaine are the generally known Stimulants sets. The medicated drugs and these Stimulants all have similar effect and symptoms.